‘Getting it Right at Fir Bank’
Fir Bank is an inclusive school where all will be treated equally and given equality of opportunity regardless of gender, special needs,
disability and race.
Pupils will be treated as individuals. Teaching and learning will be differentiated to take account of individual needs.
All will benefit from a rich, broad, balanced curriculum that will be presented in an interesting, exciting and imaginative manner with
opportunities for first hand experience.
All will have high expectations and set high standards for themselves and others. All will be treated fairly and listened to. There will be
opportunities to take responsibility, build self esteem and self confidence.
Parents and the wider community will be seen to be equal partners with the school.
This will be a welcoming, friendly, cheery, and lively, happy place where children feel secure and where good behaviour is expected and where they enjoy growing up.
We aim to give each child at Fir Bank the best possible chance to achieve his or her full potential. We do this by:
- creating a caring and secure environment
- encouraging children to value their own achievements and those of others developing an enthusiastic attitude towards learning
- providing a curriculum which is broad and balanced and in line with National Curriculum requirements
In order to prepare children for their future role as responsible members of the community we encourage them to:
- think and reason for themselves
- take responsibility for their own actions
- care about others and the environment
An essential part of our success relies on the support of everyone. This is why we put a high priority on the relationships between parents,
staff and children.