Welcome to Orange Class!
Happy New Year!
Orange Class are back with a spring in their step for our Spring term.
We have a new History topic this half term – following on from the remarkable work the children did during our Romans topic, we will now be looking at what happened when the Roman army left Britain and the Anglo-Saxons arrived – up to the Viking era! We can’t wait to learn all about it!
A few reminders for the term ahead:
- PE is on Tuesdays and Thursdays this term – full PE kit (indoor and outdoor) should be kept at school at all times.
- Reading books will be changed on Wednesdays as long as children have read at home and completed the book quiz. Please try and listen to your child read at least 3 times each week and discuss the text with them to check understanding.
- Water bottles – should be brought to school with only water, daily, and should be taken home each afternoon.
- Spellings – the half term’s spellings will be brought home in the first week of the half term. These will consist of spelling pattern words and statutory Year 3/4 spelling words.
- Homework – Topic homework, occasional maths practise and spellings will be sent home. Spellings and any maths homework will be checked in small groups every Friday.
- Coats/PE kits –coats, jumpers and pieces of PE kit are regularly found abandoned and lonely around school – please ensure they are all labelled so they can be safely and quickly returned to their owners!
As ever, thank you for your ongoing support. Please note that teachers no longer access Dojo messages, so correspondence has to be made through the office.